What you Need:
1 Kg (2.2 lbs) chicken wings
180 ml (3/4 cup) tomato ketchup
30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
Juice of 1 lime
Contents of pouch Wings seasoning, divided
1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt (optional)
What to do:
Makes about 12 whole wings or 24 pieces.
1. Cut off the wing tips and discard them (or save them for stock). Cut the wings in 2 at the joint. Rinse under cold water and pat dry.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, lime juice, honey and 30 ml (2 tbsp) of Spicy Wings seasoning. Add the chicken wings and toss in the sauce to coat well. In another large bowl, combine the remaining Spicy Wings seasoning with the salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Heat the outdoor BBQ to medium heat.[Alternative: Preheat the oven to 250°C (450°F). Line a baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top of it.]
4. Arrange the wings on the rack or the grill, you could use Gourmet Village Cast Iron Griddle on the BBQ or in the oven. Brush with the sauce and grill for 8 to 12 minutes each side on the BBQ (15 minutes per side in the oven) until crispy and golden and meat comes off the bones easily. Turn and move them often on the barbecue, as they can burn easily.[Alternative: For an easier grilling, put the whole wings (not cut) onto a Gourmet du Village Chicken Wing Rack. Put the rack onto the preheated BBQ on medium heat and leave closed for 20 minutes.]
5. When the wings are cooked through, transfer them into a bowl with the reserved seasoning, toss to coat them.
Ingredients: Dehydrated vegetables (onion, garlic, chive, bell pepper), spices, sea salt, natural flavor
Store dried seasoning blends in a cool, dry, dark pantry or cupboard for longest shelf life.